To optimize the efficiency of products (for example, making a change to an engine design for fuel efficiency), companies must continuously innovate product enhancements and define changes accordingly.
Table of contents
Design changes can be costly and time-consuming. The manufacturing industry applies multiple disciplines, different tools and frameworks for various processes. This makes it difficult to fully grasp the scope of a product’s change. And without an effective strategy for pursuing change management, manufacturers often find it difficult to sustain operations in a competitive market.
Implementing an organization-wide Change Management system reduces manual interventions and assists adaptability in the marketplace. The 3DEXPERIENCE platform’s Change Management enables a unified, enterprise-wide change process across all impacted areas to confirm the approval and validation of changes before implementation.
A common change process increases productivity, improves collaboration, and ensures proper notifications to reduce errors. Moreover, it also helps companies innovate and improve global product development by following best organizational practices.
To make a unified enterprise-wide change process, you must ensure that change management is a coherent process. So, integration would have to be implemented in a way that asynchronous processes in different systems could either be completed or not completed simultaneously, and each operation would have to be traceable and notifiable.
There are a number of advantages while integrating multiple systems using the TECHNIA Integration Framework (TIF).
1. Systems remain independent during deployment. This means that they’re free for other tasks as deployment teams operate on the TIF server – an independent, standalone application.
2. Change Management can be pursued as a background process using TIF so that all operations are traceable via Monitoring/Surveillance, administration UI that keeps track of usage statistics per integration, current processing integration jobs and success/error rates. Increasing traceability also reduces the number of iterations and makes debugging easier and more compatible.
3. TIF reduces the overall complexity of a project because everything is handled through configuration. Whether this is in creating or updating operations or transferring documents and specifications from 3DEXPERIENCE to a destination.
4. Full control of adjusting response according to the partner system’s needs.
5. TIF follows an event-based mechanism for handling error or success and pushes notifications which are helpful when handling runtime scenarios.
6. Because of the data integration, parent systems remain untouched and independent, and any changes to the systems will not affect the Change Management process.
7. A lot of the existing process can be automated so that manual intervention is reduced, which increases overall productivity.
A typical integration can be implemented within a few days, establishing a unified change process across domains and drastically speeding up the product release lifecycle.
Organizational Change Management enables companies to efficiently define, standardize and execute change management processes from concept through to manufacture. Unified Change Management helps organizations save time and money through improved efficiency. While automating significant factors in the deployment of Change Management enables companies to minimize disruption and experience the benefits of unified change processes as swiftly and smoothly as possible.